Royal Ratan Sabudana Misal
INGREDIENTS (for potato basket)
- Potatoes – 2 big size
- Arrowrot powder (dried water-chestnut powder) – 2 tbsp
INGREDIENTS (for sabudana khichadi)
- Ghee -1½ tbsp
- Soaked sabudana -1½ cups
- Roasted, peeled and coarsely crushed peanuts –½ cup
- Green chilli paste – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt, sugar and lemon juice – as per taste
INGREDIENTS(for cucumber raita)
- Thick curd – ½ cup
- Cream /malai – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Grated and squeezed cucumber ½ cup
- Soaked peanuts – ¼ cup
- Roasted, peeled and coarsely crushed peanuts 2tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Grated ginger – ½ tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Salt, sugar as per taste
INGREDIENTS (for serving)
- Dry potato sabji
- Potato namkeen mixture
- Pomegranate pearls
- Grated fresh coconut
- Chopped coriander
PROCEDURE (for potato basket)
1. Peel and grate raw potato into long thin shreds. Wash them well and soak in chilled water for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze potato shreds and add arrowroot powder in it and mix gently.
2. Take 2 small metal strainers of same size. Grease them. Make a thin layer of potato shreds mixture in a strainer and fix the other strainer on it. Press gently and deep fry in hot oil till golden and crispy.
PROCEDURE (for Sabudana khichadi)
1. Heat ghee. Add the soaked sabudana, crushed peanuts, chilli paste and salt.
2. Stir fry on medium flame till sabudana is soft and slightly translucent. Add the red chilli powder, sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water or milk on it and mix gently and cook for 1 more minute. Finally add the chopped coriander.
Procedure (for cucumber raita)
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Procedure (for serving)
them Take a potato basket in a serving plate. Add the sabudana khichadi to it, add some potato sabji, then top it with cucumber curd. Now garnish it with the potato namkeen mixture, pomegranate pearls, grated fresh coconut and chopped coriander. The misal is ready. Serve immediately